Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lunch Hour Musings

I'm at work right now, during my lunch hour, I've already eaten, I had tuna, with some cucumber and tomato bits put in, I also had a banana and a couple of timbits from Tim Hortons.

I enjoy tuna with cucumber and tomato bits put in, I know my dad likes onion and lettuce, that's okay for me too, but it doesn't seem to beat cucumber and tomato bits. My dad also uses miracle whip mayonnaise, I don't like that kind, I'm into Hellman's, that's some good mayonnaise.

I have about twenty minutes left in my lunch hour, there's only two of us working, if one of us is having lunch and the other person gets busy, they are supposed to call the person on lunch to come up and help them. I hate it when that happens, our lunch hour is the only break we get, I love an hour to myself during work where I get to choose whatever it is I'm doing, the worst part is when that gets interrupted by work.

Luckily this hasn't happened yet, but I'm just waiting for it to happen. I now have about fifteen minutes left and so far so good. It's been pretty busy so far today, so you can understand my anxiety of having my lunch hour interrupted, I'm just waiting for the call, it doesn't make lunch very comforting, any moment I could spring into action.

Oh well, I'll bite the bullet if it does happen, it's not a big deal, after all I have already eaten, however I would like that full hour, it's just the principle of the thing, I've been promised a full hour and I expect it, I have signed up for a full hour.

Things could be worse than not getting a full hour of lunch, I could have a job I don't enjoy, I rather enjoy this job, I've been doing it long enough, some might say a little too long, I think this will definitely be my last summer doing this job, I don't see a lot of things keeping me in Red Deer for another full year.

Ten minutes left in my lunch hour, things are looking good, I may just get the whole thing, boy that would be great. This is actually the first time I actually wrote anything on my blog during work time, although it isn't necessarily work time, it's my lunch hour, so I'm not exactly paid for it.

I'm excited for after work because I get the whole place to myself, plus it's a nice day, maybe I'll go somewhere, go for a walk or something, however I'm aching to get back to my book, I'm sure I'll find some time tonight to do both. I don't have a day off until Monday, and I work every weekend this month which is kind of a downer, after all it's the last full month of summer, there's already talk of "back to school" sales everywhere you go, I'm not going back, but it's a sure sign summer is coming to an end, pretty soon I'll be super busy with lots of projects, and right now I'm not looking forward to it, but perhaps that will all change when I actually get to do that.

Five minutes left in my lunch hour, looks like I'll be able to finish the whole thing, I think I will take my leave for now and head to the bathroom before I go back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment