Monday, April 19, 2010

Blogging at 1:30 in the morning

What does one have to say at 1:30 in the morning, I'm about to find out. I'm a little wired right now, so I don't feel like sleeping just yet. I am a little tired, and I'm sure I will fall asleep if I close my eyes right now, but I don't really want to fall asleep just yet.

Today consisted of me sleeping in, so for me I don't think I got enough out of my day than I should've, this has concluded with me staying up late. When I got out of bed I had an audition to go to at the college. I arrived an hour early, I went to the library to print out a copy of my acting resume. Afterwards I had an hour to kill so I spent in perusing books in the library. There was a book of film criticism by Jonathan Rosenbaum that looked interesting, I may sign that out later.

After going through the library I found a copy of the latest "Sight and Sound" film magazine, I spent the last few minutes of my free time going through that. There was an interesting article on the future of movies and how many people think studios are making way for the end independent movies forever.

After that I proceeded to the arts centre for my audition, it was for the lead part in a staged reading of new play by a local writer. The play was called "Tumaini", about a teacher who goes through a life changing experience after visiting Africa. I know very little about the play, and knew little about the audition, I only found out about it the night before when Tanya, my former teacher asked me to come in and audition. Jeff Woodward was the other chap auditioning, we greeted eachother in the hallway, we had no animosity between the two of us despite the fact we were up for the same part. Jeff went in first, a few minutes later I went it, I did my piece, then did a cold read, was thanked for my troubles then I left.

At home I thought of watching a movie, but I decided against it. I picked up my copy of "Moby Dick" which I was in the middle of reading and read a few chapters before going to my rehearsal for "Bullskit". At about 4:45, I stopped reading "Moby Dick" and went to get something to eat, I stopped at Quiznos which was a mistake, (I need to get groceries tomorrow).

At about 5:12, I started towards the Matchbox theatre for my Bullskit rehearsal. When I got there Jenna, Matt, and Serge were all there. The people using the theatre before us were cleaning up.

We got into the theatre approximately at 5:30 when rehearsal was to officially start. We did a check it, did a few warm up games and rehearsed our sketches. We ended everything at about 9:10, I went home and went on Facebook, how addictive Facebook it, I also went on Twitter. I Facebooked and Tweeted two different status updates to give people more things to read about me.

I went downstairs at around 10:00, watched a half hour of television, went back upstairs, took out "Moby Dick", and proceeded to read until 1:15. I thought I was tired enough to go to bed but not quite. I didn't write anything in either of my respective blogs so I figured why not write something right now? And this is where you came it, that was my day, looking back at it, the one thing I can say about it is I paid a lot of attention to the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment