Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Still Writing

It's been awhile since I've written anything in my blogs so I'm trying desperately to write something. Here it goes...

The most exciting thing that happened to me this past week was getting the opportunity to join in a play writing workshop. It was a great experience and I was doing something that I loved. Writing has seemed to be taking over for me, I've said before that I get a certain satisfaction to it, even more than from acting. I try to make writing a day to day thing, sometimes it can be strenuous, and no fun, but I try to make something work even when I know it isn't.

Right now it's even difficult to write, trying to find something interesting to say, or at least trying to make it sound interesting. At the moment I don't feel I have a lot to say on anything in particular. Part of this might be I'm very tired at the moment, I have feelings of wanting to go to sleep, however it's still early for me, it's only 10:30, I feel like I could be getting a second wind anytime now.

My biggest writing project is on the playing I'm currently planning out, this was the main reason I attended the workshop. I wrote the first six pages of my play, I'm happy to say I have a title for it, and an ending which I didn't have before going into it.

I must confess I'm still not sure what shape this play is taking, I may have jumped the gun, I'm still wrestling with its themes, and the relationships of the characters. I like to think this play is a little bit more ambitious than the last one I wrote which might account for these problems. It's difficult to find the time to write these days, I've suddenly become more busy, and more tired, I don't drink coffee, therefore nothing is there to keep me awake. I keep thinking of my bed, when I should be thinking about this play.

The one thing I'm learning about what I do when I am in the process of writing something, I can't help but think about it. Even when I'm doing something else, the play is always in the back of my mind, someone might be telling me something, but all I'm thinking about is when the next time I'll be able to write.

I sometimes don't like this feeling, and it becomes a relief when the play is over, I can take a break again, until the feeling to write again comes back. What a strange world I've gotten myself into. As the days go by, I feel this blog will become more of a journal through the process, I think I like to see what I've discovered from day to day, so stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment