Friday, September 3, 2010

Three Obsessions of the Week



It's been over a month since I last did a "Three Obsessions" list, for those of you who read this blog consistently, I apologize, I'll try not to fall behind again.

1. Stories by Anton Chekhov: Expect a thorough review of all the books I read over the summer, with this one probably being my last one to finish before labour day. Chekhov is one of my favorite writers, and the one that sort of fits the change of the season, he's sort of not the writer you expect to go with summer, but autumn is more his style. I'm enjoying his stories immensely.



2. The Films of the Coen Brothers I've been sort of having a Coen Brothers marathon. I started at the beginning of the summer with their earlier films, than I took a break and now moved on to their latter day career. I even watched the one Coen Brothers movie I've never seen before: "The Ladykillers", it wasn't all that great, but it does have a few touches I as a Coen fan appreciated.



3. It's a Wonderful Life Radio Play: Speaking of the end of the summer and the change of season, Christmas is fast approaching and I am just getting started putting together this play at The Matchbox theatre in Red Deer. I just had my first real sit down meeting for it yesterday, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed but excited at the same time. I know this will be in my head for awhile so I might as well get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment