Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Proust Questionnaire

This was an original questionnaire made famous by novelist Marcel Proust which became the inspiration for James Lipton's "Actor's Studio Questionnaire". According to Wikipedia, Proust did the questions in the 1800s, I'll do my best to answer all of them.

1. What is the principle aspect of you personality?: I have a charming disposition.

2. What quality do you desire in a man?: Integrity

3. What quality do you desire in a woman?: The same

4. What do you appreciate the most about your friends?: Their honesty, and intelligence, the fact that they accept me for me.

5. What is your main fault?: My confidence is shaky

6. What is your favorite occupation?: Student

7. What is your dream of happiness?: To live without fear.

8. What would be your greatest misfortune?: To have never met some of the people in my life who have meant the most to me.

9. What would you like to be?: Someone who made a difference

10. What country would you like to live in?: Canada is fine, if not, I would give France a try.

11. What is your favorite color?: Blue

12. Who are some of your favorite prose authors?: Charles Dickens, Anton Checkov, J.D. Salinger

13. Who are some of your favorite heroes in fiction?: Superman, Dr. Who, Indiana Jones, Groucho Marx

14. Who are some of your favorite heroines in fiction?: The Bride, Elizabeth Bennet

15. Who are some of your favorite composers?: Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan

16. Who are your heroes in real life?: Charles Dickens, Yasujiro Ozu, Groucho Marx

17. What historical figure do you most admire?: Gandhi, Jesus

18. What historical figure do you despise the most?: Hitler, Stalin

19. How do you want to die?: I'll be old, and I'll have my loved ones surrounding me.

20. What is your present state of mind?: Calm

21. What is your motto?: There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment