Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Three Obsessions of the Week



1. Dr. Who (David Tennant's last hurrah): It's been awhile since I've been so emotionally attached to a television character, but when I finally saw the final episode of David Tennant's The Doctor, I almost lost it. I share with many an affection for Tennant, for me he is my doctor. Others have tried to comfort me saying Matt Smith who plays the new doctor is terrific as well, but it's too soon, to say that is like when your dog dies and your parents say "it's okay we'll go down to the pet store and buy you a new dog. I don't want a new dog, and I don't want a new doctor. The series was kinda getting a bit sloppy in parts during its fourth season, but Tennant stayed remarkable and I know he's not really dead, but I'll miss him.



2. Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata: I've been listening to more classical music than ever before. I've acquired a taste for it, and it puts me at ease. Beethoven is I guess the obvious choice for anyone getting into classical music. I've heard "Moonlight Sonata" before, but this may be the first time I really listened to it. On a side note, I've also been listening to Debussy's "Claire De Lune" a lot lately as well. Maybe my obsession is about the moon instead.

3. "The Universal": "The Universal" is the name of the play that I wrote. I am currently in rehearsals for it, we open July 8th, I'm directing it, so of course I would be obsessing over it, it's my baby, my small, modest, little baby, and I'm putting it out for all to world to see. I'm not expecting a large crowd, I'm hoping people will like it, I suppose that's always the hope. I know I'm happy with it, and I suppose that's really all that counts, I hope it will leave an impression, and all I can do is make it presentable and hold my head up high.

No comments:

Post a Comment