Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Three Obsessions of the Week



1. Poetry Readings by Tom O'Bedlam: I first heard of him courtesy of Roger Ebert who tweets about him all the time. He's got one of those great voices that seems soothing yet commanding. He has his own channel on Youtube I suggest you check it out.



2. Plastic Bag: The best film I've seen so far this year is about a brown plastic bag. It's 18 minutes long, is narrated by Werner Herzog and it's wonderful. Above you can watch all 18 glorious minutes of it.



3. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer: I kicked off my summer reading spectacular with probably the one book that epitomizes summer for young boys. In sixth grade I was assigned to "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and I was only 90 pages away from finishing it when for some reason I stopped, I'm not sure why but I always wanted to go back and read it, and then perhaps read the rest of Mark Twain.

No comments:

Post a Comment